Santa Barbara Holistic Medicine
Welcome to Purety Family Medical Clinic. We practice holistic and integrative medicine. We believe in curing the entire body, not just the malady. We give you a comprehensive view of your body; and work to defeat illness by promoting natural healing, vitality, wellness, and balance. We use conventional and natural medicine to cure, prevent and treat all pain, disease, and common illness. We cure symptoms by addressing the disease, and deficiencies that caused them.
We specialize in three facets of holistic medicine:
- Holistic Healing of Illness and Disease
- Holistic Primary Care for Longevity and Vitality
- Natural Pain Treatments
Purety Clinic is the medical practice of Dr. Dena Birch and Dr. Jonathan Birch, a married couple who have devoted their lives – as a couple and as individuals – to the art, science, and practice of Holistic medicine. Their personal goals mirror their practice’s: to use holistic medicine to promote longevity, vitality, general wellness, and to empower individuals to understand how to feel and perform their best.
We serve all of Santa Barbara county including Santa Barbara, Goleta, Carpinteria, Isla Vista, Hope Ranch, Summerland, and Montecito. We also frequently welcome our patients from Ventura County, San Luis Obispo County, Los Angeles County, and beyond.
From beginning to end and top to bottom, we have set up our clinic with our patient’s health as well as the sustainability of our environment in mind. We refused to cut corners in order to create a healing environment. Features of our space include:
- A living wall by Francis Dawson as well as other indoor plants chosen specifically to continuously clean the indoor air of pollutants such as benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, trichloroethylene, and ammonia.
- Harmony Zero-VOC (zero volatile organic compounds) paint throughout the entire clinic which also features Formaldehyde reducing technology and helps to minimize growth of mold and mildew.
- Forbo marmoleum flooring in our exam rooms and hallway provides a natural flooring made from 97% natural raw materials, 70% of which are rapidly renewable, along with a 43% recycled content.
- Bamboo flooring throughout the rest of our clinic.
- Front counter top by Jamie Coxon made from lumber that is Forest Stewardship Council certified so as not to compromise the health of the world’s forests for future generations.
- Health Pro Plus IQ Air Purifier, the #1 rated air purifier, to purify the air of our entire space to capture viruses and even the smallest contaminants down to 0.1 microns.
- Environmentally friendly Promessa upholstery on all exam tables and medical recliners.
- Only natural non-toxic cleaning agents used throughout the clinic by LivingGreen in Carpinteria.
- Only recycled paper used for printer paper as well as business cards.